What Is The Parent Council:
The Parent Council is a group of parents selected by all parents in the school to represent their views. Parent Councils have an important role to play in school improvement by ensuring that the parental perspective is represented and taken into account. The Parent Council helps to create an environment where all parents know that their views matter, and where they feel confident and comfortable putting them forward. They work on behalf of all parents to discuss educational matters that are of importance to all. They do not get involved in individual matters relating to children or staff in the school.
Parent Council Members 2019
Anisah Ijaz (Chairperson)
Keliann Arthur (Vice-Chairperson)
Carolyn Tribble (Treasurer)
Jacqueline Thomson (Church Rep)
Anne Marie Gregory
Roles And Responsibilities Of Members:
Chair: The role of the Chairperson is to chair the meetings of the Parent Council and ensure all issues raised by parents are fully discussed and actions agreed. The Chair will also liaise with the Head teacher outwith meetings as required.
Vice Chair: The role of the Vice Chairperson is to support the Chairperson and substitute for them at meetings etc if the Chair is unavailable.
Treasurer: The role of the Treasurer is to maintain the accounts (the Parent Council receives a small sum from Falkirk Council each year to cover its costs etc)
Objectives Of The Parent Council:
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils, all the parents and the Catholic Church to ensure that all the pupils develop their full potential leading to lifelong activities being guided by the Holy Spirit and the presence of Christ in the service of God and others.
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of the parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The next meeting of the Parent Council will be held online on March 25th at 7pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will arrange to send you the details of the Zoom link so that you can join the meeting.
- Welcome & Apologies
- Previous minutes – matters arising
- Treasurer’s report
- Rector’s Report
- Update on Staffing
- School Curriculum/Exams
- Date of Next Meeting: 20th May 2021